Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot get into my PC after Comodo CIS update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:06 AM

My PC is an AMD Athlon 2400+ with 1GB of RAM. The OS is Windows XP Home Edition SP3 and kept up to date with windows updates. I use Comodo CIS 3.8 updated to the latest version the latest version. I also have Comodo Boclean and Spywareblaster as realtime protection and use SAS and MBAM as on demand scaners. I scanned my PC with the CIS AV and SAS and MBAM over the last few days and my PC is definitely clean. This morning I checked my Comodo CIS for updates and was told an update was available. I let it download and install and when I clicked on Finish I noticed that the CIS icon in my task bar disappeared. Instead of trying to restart it from Start> All Programs list iI rebooted my PC which then crashed just before the Windows Enter screen. When it rebooted again the screen with Start normally/Safe Mode/Last Known good config came up. I have tried each of the 5 options on this page several times and cannot get the Pc to boot it comes to that page every time.
I decided to reformat but although I can get into BIOS and put the Windows disc in the drive Ias soon as I switch off and restart the PC it returns me to the other screen. Can anyone tell me if there is a way into my PCV through the BIOS to uninstall or disable Comodo.
Thanks for any help.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

Have you tried running chkdsk /r (from the XP Recovery Console) on the boot/system partition?

Louis

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

"I decided to reformat but although I can get into BIOS and put the Windows disc in the drive Ias soon as I switch off and restart the PC it returns me to the other screen. "

Go in the BIOS & locate the Boot priority.
Se it to boot from the CD drive first.
When you put the disk in the drive & start the computer watch the screen for a message "Press any key to boot from CD"
Press a key.

If you aren't familure with reinstalling XP at a certain point during the install the computer will restart.
Don't press a key to boot from CD !
Let it restart on it's own & the installation will continue.

"Can anyone tell me if there is a way into my PCV through the BIOS to uninstall or disable Comodo."

You can't disable software in the BIOS.

You might try using the Recover Console before doing a full reinstall.
When the XP disk first boots watch for ,"To run the Recovery Console Press R"
When you get to the prompt type in: fixboot & press enter
You will be asked if you're sure to wriye a new boot file ,press y .then enter.
When you are back to the prompt type in : fixmbr , you'll get a prompt asking if you're sure, press Y then enter.

If that works it will save you from having to reinstall everything .

Edited by fairjoeblue, 27 March 2009 - 10:12 AM.

OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users