Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clamwin scan results

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 silon and garfunkel

silon and garfunkel

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:38 AM

Hi.

I ran a clamwin scan in safe mode and it did not find any infections, a few files came back as access denied, as shown below, is this noraml or something to worry about?

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\nsr2.tmp: Permission denied
C:\pagefile.sys: Permission denied
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default: Permission denied
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM: Permission denied
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY: Permission denied
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software: Permission denied
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system: Permission denied

Also every time I scan my computer with Avira it says pagefile.sys - could not open file. Is this normal?

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

Hello.

Don't worry about those. It's normal and is supposed to be like that. Those files are locked and denied to you, so you don't delete those files by accidentally or something else deleting it. Those permissions are there to PROTECT the computer itself. If those were deleted your computer will be in a lot of trouble and may not even boot up anymore!

Also every time I scan my computer with Avira it says pagefile.sys - could not open file. Is this normal?

Answered above, basically the same thing. Yes, it's normal.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 silon and garfunkel

silon and garfunkel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:03 AM

Thanks for that extremeboy.

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:18 PM

You're welcome :thumbsup:
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users