Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non-BSOD crash problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 caesar07

caesar07

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

I'm having a problem with my system crashing when I'm either playing a game or watching youtube and the like. Basically, the system locks up with no BSOD. There's generally intermittent popping and static from the speakers or sometimes whatever audio was playing will repeat in a quarter-second loop like a skipping record, while the screen freezes up. If I hit the reset button on the outside of the case quickly, the system usually restarts with semi-normal speed, but if I dont hit the button immediately it takes several minutes to boot back up. I'm running WinXP SP2. SP2 came with the original set- I didn't download it.
In the Event Viewer, under Application, two errors pop up whenever this happens. Though they're recorded in the same second, the bottom one is always EventSystem with the following error message:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (50)
Event ID: 4609
Date: 3/26/2009
Time: 11:03:51 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CHAD
Description:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 80070422 from line 44 of d:\comxp_sp2\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

The top error is a VSS error with the following:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: VSS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 8193
Date: 3/26/2009
Time: 11:03:51 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CHAD
Description:
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43 WRTWRTIC
0008: 32 31 34 39 00 00 00 00 2149....
0010: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43 WRTWRTIC
0018: 32 31 31 31 00 00 00 00 2111....

I've tried dealing with the Microsoft page and they tell me to run a certain application which my computer insists doesn't exist. Any clues? Your help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

Is this the page you're referring to?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833167
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 caesar07

caesar07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for replying. Actually, I was just copying the detail from the Event Viewer. I havent had much luck with the Microsoft website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users