Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Editing Name Out of HijackThis log

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

This is probably a weird question but I have to ask and did not really know where to ask but thought this would be an ok place to do that, sorry if it isn't.

When I look at Hijack This logs, there is often the path for the file that goes something like this, C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\ whatever. On my system, thanks to the way my dad set it up, where that example says owner, mine says my dads full name. I do not feel right posting his full name on a website so I was wondering if it was ok to edit that log before posting it and replace his name with something else, is it?

In a way this seems like a stupid question because this could probably be done without anyone knowing it was done, but still, just wanted to check.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

Just backspace thru the name and replace with XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

Thanks Chewy.

I figure the easy way to do it, since there would be so many needing to be changed, is to paste it into WordPerfect and just use the find and replace feature to have it automatically change his name to something else.

Thank you for letting me know that it would be ok to do this :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users