Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Use wired connectino to get wireless password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tsula

Tsula

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Okay, I'm wired to my router right now. I have a wireless adapter but I don't remember my wireless password and I can't log in or reset the router due to someone else being logged in and the router being in a locked room and a different computer is logged in it atm. Any ideas on how to go about this one? xD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

Hi

Okay, I'm wired to my router right now.

Your router? Why would your router be in a locked room that you don't have access to? Why would someone else be logged in to your router?
If you have a cable connection why do you want to connect by wireless?
Are you sure you don't want to hack into a router that isn't yours? :thumbsup:
Steve

#3 Tsula

Tsula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hi

Okay, I'm wired to my router right now.

Your router? Why would your router be in a locked room that you don't have access to? Why would someone else be logged in to your router?
If you have a cable connection why do you want to connect by wireless?
Are you sure you don't want to hack into a router that isn't yours? :thumbsup:

The router IS mine. It just happens to be under my dad's control atm. And I can't remember what we set. All I know is that it was WEP. >.> If it wasn't mine, how could I be wired to it? :flowers:

Edited by Tsula, 26 March 2009 - 04:49 PM.

#4 danr

danr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

Unless the router has the option to "show characters" in place of asterisk's where it displays the key, you can't.

#5 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message or an email. Thank you for your understanding.

The weatherman
BleepingComputer Forums Moderator

Reference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users