Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer shuts down unexpectedly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Diablita

Diablita

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hi =)
I have an issue with my computer. Everytime i open internet explorer, once i navigate away from the homepage it just closes without a warning or some kind of prompt. There are times. however, where i receive a message stating "Failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d)" The computer is also running very slow, but that just may be because of the extensive memroy use. Can you please help me fix this problem so i can finally use my internet? Thanks!

Ivette

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

From this reference, appears to be a RAM problem, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143158/application-failed-to-initialize-0xc000012d/

But the following was taken from a post by Quietman (one of our most reliable, intelligent contributors):

When doing a search on the net for Application Failed To Initialize 0xc000012d, you will find a lot of complaints with various causes and possible solutions. What works for one person may not work for another.

Some known causes of the 0xc000012d error are:
1. Old or faulty graphics driver - download the latest driver updates.
2. Faulty RAM - test and replace if bad.
3. A DirectX hotfix - remove via Add/Remove Programs.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users