Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Previoius updates

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

Ive looked thru my add/remove programs, I have 5 updates for my java as well as my most recent. Also about 4 updates for my I.E. as well as my most recent.
Can the old ones be removed without effecting my most recent update or are these still in use in conjunction with the most recent update?
I am just trying to delete what is not necessary. No sense having sumthing if it isnt being used or needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

http://www.java.com/en/download/dt_verify....rs_jre=1.6.0_13

Previous versions should be uninstalled, but it won't harm anything if you leave them installed. Updates are cumulative, http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml

Louis

#3 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

The more there r , the more space they take up?
ty louis,, ur pretty quick in responding to these things,, I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

You are welcome :thumbsup:.

I have lots of time to look up data when I can tear myself away from the basketball tournament games, these days :flowers:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users