Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AIM opens and then immediately closes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Toxicity3440

Toxicity3440

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:27 PM

I just installed AIMMusicLink and all of a sudden AIM won't work. I try to run it and the screen flashes really quick and then closes. I uninstalled the music link program, reinstalled AIM 6.8, uninstalled 6.8 and installed 6.9 beta and then gave up and started using 5.9 which does work. Any ideas to why 6.8 won't work? I even searched the registry and deleted everything that had to do with musiclink but it still didn't work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

meebo works if you cant fix aim meebo.com

#3 Toxicity3440

Toxicity3440
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

UPDATE: I just ran ad-aware, NOD32, and went through and manually deleted alot of unncessesary programs. still the same problem.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,395 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

Since this topic isn't related to the Operating System, I am shifting this topic to the All Other Applications forum where folks with more knowledge of the matter may be able to address this issue.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Toxicity3440

Toxicity3440
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:02 PM

thanks for moving it!

Currently I am using a program alot like Meebo but I really want to use AIM. any other ideas?

#6 Toxicity3440

Toxicity3440
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

so anyone got any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users