One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information
and download and execute files
I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall
We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.
If you decide you want to proceed with trying to clean your machine please follow these next steps.
Before you do any of the next step you need to temporarily disable the TeaTimer
protection in spybot, as it may
stop the tools we use from doing their job.
To disable Teatimer, open Spybot and click on the Mode
tab and select Advanced mode
It will ask you if your sure you want to go into advanced mode, select yes.
Now go to tools
and click on the resident
Uncheck the box that says "Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active".
Then close Spybot and reboot your computer.Next
Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware
instead of malware since it is installed without
users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This changed from what we know in 2006 read this article:http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546
I suggest you remove the program now. Click on start
> and then paste the following into the "open
" field: appwiz.cpl
and press OK
. From within Add or Remove Programs
uninstall the following if they exist: Viewpoint, Viewpoint Manager, Viewpoint Media Player
Please download HostsXpert 4.2
-- Note: If you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.
- Extract (unzip) HostsXpert.zip to a permanent folder on your hard drive such as C:\HostsXpert
- Double-click HostsXpert.exe to run the program.
- Click "Restore MS Hosts File".
- Click OK at the confirmation box.
- Click "Make Read Only".
- Click the X to exit the program.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.Next
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
- Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
- Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
- Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
- Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
Please post back here with the MBAM report and both Rsit logs.