Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creative Connection Frustration!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 warthog01

warthog01

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

Iím trying to in vain connect my Creative Zen Touch to my PC (XP Pro). When I plug into USB, the USB connection doesnít registeróinstead, the Zen turns on and starts playing music. I think this is the root of the problem, but Iíve tried all the suggested fixes (at least the ones Iíve picked up so far). The Zen is recognised in Device Managerówith an exclamation point (driver not loaded). According to the Zen menu, firmware version 2.11.01 is loaded. Iíve downloaded the firmware file from the Ďnet to attempt an upgrade, but it wonít load (probably because it wonít soft connect). Iíve reset the unit numerous times but Iím just about out of ideas. Is there another driver Iím missing and if so, where can I access it? Other than that, has anyone out there had a similar experience?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:11 AM

Have you tried right-clicking on the device with the ! and selected update? I could not make that out from your description.

Another thing, my MP4-player has two USB-modes (I can switch them manually). If on the mode for DRM support, it does not register as USB-device, but as audioplayer. I dont know if you have different modes, but thought I should mention it, just in case.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 warthog01

warthog01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

Thanks, Elise--I have tried update in DM without success. Don't think my Zen has different modes--to be honest, it's always been temperamental, but this time is the worst!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

Do you have the Creative software installed on the system?

Without that, it should be impossible to install/remove music from the player.

This software also has a driver for the player.

Louis

#5 warthog01

warthog01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

Not any more. I had to have my hard drive wiped and the Creative software went with it. No idea where the CD is, but shouldn't I be able to find/download it online?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

Yes, it should be available.

Do a Google search for it...that's how I had to find mine earlier this year (Creative no longer posts it).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users