Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello and thanks for your group

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dbaldessari

dbaldessari

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

I am so happy that I found your group before I did something drastic to my computer. If most of the info here is as good as what I found already, then you guys are just Great!

This is the message I sent to Grinler for the wonderful instructions he gave for removing WinPC Defender.

Whoever you are - thank you, thank you, thank you!
I have been trying for 2 1/2 days to get my PC back to normal and having an awful time of it.
Somewhere along the way, I had shut off my spyware and forgot about it, till I got the WinPC Defender - Oh my God!
I downloaded McAfee fron ATT and that found some viruses but not the right one, then I downloaded and bought Spyware Doctor for Windows last night and ran that and it found a whole other bunch of viruses and I thought I had it licked. Then this morning I put my PC on and it was still all messed up.
I was ready to pack it in and go out and buy a new PC. Then I decided to search for help and I found BleepingComputer and your directions and they worked just great. It found 318 more viruses and malware, including WinPC Defender. My PC is like it used to be again.
Thanks for putting such good directions in your message and for helping non-geeks like me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:18 AM

Compliments and the knowledge that people are helped by what they find here are always welcome.
Keep us bookmarked in case you have questions or need further help!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users