Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No audio from music DVDs!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stellar_echo

stellar_echo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:42 AM

I am having one heck of a time trying to get my music DVDs to play on my computer. My movie DVDs work flawlessly -- crisp images, sound, etc. Never had a problem playing a music CD. But when it comes to playing my music DVDs, the video and menus work fine, but there is no sound. The rest of my computer audio works fine, it's just this particular type of disc. :thumbsup: One of the DVDs I'm trying to get play is by Rhino Home Video/10th Street Entertainment. The other two are Epic Music Video/Immortal Records. I've tried playing in Windows Media Player (I have Win XP) and InterActual.

The most frustrating part of this is, as I was trying everything I could think of to get it to work, I had audio from the Rhino/10th Street DVD for about 10 seconds. I was messing around with the master controls for the computer volume, and I maxed out the "CD/Video In" and "Line In" options. It worked! :flowers: I was absolutely giddy, considering I'd just wasted about 45 minutes of my life trying to get the d*mn thing to play. But when I clicked back to the root menu on the DVD, the thing lost sound again, even though my volumes that seemed to fix the problem were still maxed out. :trumpet:

I've checked to make sure nothing was muted within the programs, or on my computer. I've enabled and disabled digital sound in "my devices". I've messed with master controls. I'm now seriously considered taking a bat to my PC. Can anyone help me with this? Any ideas are definitely welcome!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:49 AM

Do you get any error message? The reason I ask is there are any number of codec required, depending on the format. Since the dvd has sound, you have the mp3 installed. Don't know what format you need, but it is probably on the disc. google what you need, it is all free.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 stellar_echo

stellar_echo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:38 PM

Do you get any error message?

I don't get any error messages or anything like that... everything operates like normal, there is just no sound. Odd, eh? If I do need a codec, how would I find out which one, and how to get it? I am completely, utterly unknowledgeable about this sort of thing.

#4 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:13 AM

Here is a link to microsoft:http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx .The format for the dise is written on the disc somewhere. There are many compression methods flac, mpeg, mp3, etc. www.dbpoweramp.com/codec will give you a lot of information on various formats.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users