Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get a normal boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bradam

bradam

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

XP pro will not boot normally. Extremely slow and while it is coming up all kinds of weird noises and flashes occur. Tried to start in Safe Mode, but was ignored and just started to normal desktop.

Ran chdsk but the summary screen closed so fast I couldn't read it.

The best I can do is remove the hard drive and slave it to another desktop. If there is a program that can be copied to a floppy, then I might be able to boot using it.

This happened a week or so ago and when I tried to run chkdsk I wasn't allowed. Something was running. I found DBJ.exe a dos exe in the root directory. When I googled it I read that it was sometype of a downloader so I deleted it and presto evrything was back and normal. But now I'm back to square one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

I found DBJ.exe

http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users