Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning! You have a security problem! Please help...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 hastings1985

hastings1985

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

I am looking for guidence from a PC Tech who is expierenced in removing VIRUSES such as the one I happen to have gotten. I am using Windows XP 2003! It is a pop up in the right bottom corner saying: Warning! You have a security problem! The pop ups comes constantly, however I can still operate my PC, it just runs very slow. The pop ups are trying to sell me antivirus protection 2009 and sometimes you can hear ads and music playing as well. I am trying to fix this with the help of a pro... Please advise...

Thank you
Chuck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Louis

#3 hastings1985

hastings1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

I'm sorry but I don't see any help for me there! Am I missing something? Can someone walk me through the deletion process? Can someone advise on Combo Fix, is that an option...

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

You should make a post in the forum that the link Louis gave you sent you to. That is the correct forum for getting help in removing viruses. You should not use ComboFix unless you are directed to do so by someone from that forum and are using it under their guidance as the use of ComboFix without proper guidance could render your computer useless.

#5 hastings1985

hastings1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

Thank you, I posted it there too...

#6 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

You are very welcome. The helpers are wonderful and very experienced in virus removal so I am sure they will be able to help you, just be patient as they have a lot of requests for help.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

Since a post was made in the proper forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213931/warning-you-have-a-security-problem-pease-help/
And receiving help there, this topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users