Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runtime Error - System32\rundll32.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 denthanus

denthanus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

I have been dealing with several runtime errors for a few months, but as they do not cause crashes or hangups I've been able to ignore them. However, I recently purchased an external display monitor for my laptop and cannot install the driver or make adjustments to the display without running into a runtime error. Now its a problem.

Operating System: Vista SP1

Here are the errors:

1. When I right-click on my desktop to access my display or desktops settings the following runtime error appears:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
C:\windows\explorer.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

2. When I click on the "advanced settings" in "display settings" I get the following runtime error:

Microsoft Visucal C++ Runtime Library
C:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

3. I am unable to perform system restore. SR tells me to create a restore point. When I do I get the following message.

Restore Point
The restore point could not be created for the following reason:
The shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the specified operation. (0x8004320F)
Please try again.

I have used registry mechanic to clean up any registry issues.
I have scanned PC with Norton and Spybot S&D, but both scans are clean.

Problem still persists.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 freelancer88

freelancer88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

Runs Windows update and see if that fixes it, you dont have the newest service pack of vista

Let me know how it goes

Edited by freelancer88, 25 March 2009 - 04:10 PM.

I know you're out there, I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world ... without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Check the optional updates to see if there's anything that relates to C++ or CRM - update that also.
Most errors of this sort are associated with problems in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM (and I have no clue about what that is), and interestingly - most of the results are in French. Do you have a French version of Windows or of some software that you've installed?

Error messages are listed here: http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2009/01/e...ges-in-crm.html
The google search I used is here: http://www.google.com/search?q=0x8004320F&...lient=firefox-a

Edited by boopme, 20 November 2010 - 10:57 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 denthanus

denthanus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

Sorry, but SP1 is the latest service pack for Vista Home Premium. Windows Update does not provide any other download options for a SP. Checking microsoft website reveals that there is a SP2 RC for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista but it is pre-release software for testing purposes only.

No other optional updates for C++ either, and unfortunately I don't speak french.

checked website: http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2009/01/e...ges-in-crm.html Restore Point Error message listed as:

The bill-to address of the contract is invalid.
IDS_CONTRACT_INVALID_BILLTO_ADDRESS

No clue what this means.

#5 freelancer88

freelancer88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

Reformat to xp then or wait for the new service pack, sorry
vista sucks

I know you're out there, I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world ... without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:23 AM

SP2 for Vista is in RC right now (I'm testing it on my Vista systems and it seems stable).

I doubt that this is an issue with a Service Pack or an update - as there'd be more on the web about it.
This could also have been caused by the registry cleaner that you're using - we don't recommend them here.

I'd suggest uninstalling the Visual C++ update on your system. I can't find it on mine, but it's either in the Installed Updates in Windows Update, or the Program and Features...Uninstall a program applet in Control Panel.

Once it's uninstalled, download the appropriate C++ Redistributable from the links below and install it:
64 bit versions of Windows Vista: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
32 bit versions of Windows Vista: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users