Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Admin password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 neirbo

neirbo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

Hello, I see from previous posts that the Admin password is a taboo subject, hopefully I'm under the radar. I bought a XPHome machine 4 years ago, a friend set it up for me, I did not know anything about computers. I have searched my paperwork, the friend is no longer around to ask, and feel he would have told me to save and remember a password, but don't think there is one. Does the computer need to have a password assigned or can it be left blank? I have a feeling that no password was set, but do not know how to confirm the fact. It wouldn't bother me if no password was set, just need to know yes or no. Everything is running fine, but this is just sticking in the back of my brain, if I ever have do something with the Admin, thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

Since it appears that you have no trouble booting the system...your query is immaterial, IMO.

Louis

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

Try just hitting the "return".

Other than that we cannot help.

SIW
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users