Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E-mail time is one hour behind?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 audiodrome

audiodrome

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

It was just brought to my attention that my e-mails (sent and received) have the wrong "time stamp." My computer clock says that it's 12:40 (EST) but my Outlook Express e-mails say that it's 11:40. When I go into my Adjust Date/Time settings and click on "Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server (time.nist.gov), it always sets my clock back an hour, even though I have the time zone and Daylight Savings Time set correctly. What's going wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

Maybe your CMOS clock is wrong...if you are sure that the time zone is correct and you have the auto adjust box checked for Daylight Savings Time.

Might be time for a new CMOS battery, CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/art...cmosreplace.asp

Louis

#3 audiodrome

audiodrome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

It's a brand new computer so I don't think that's the problem. For some reason, my computer is having a problem with the new DST dates. I have the latest Windows XP update that supposedly fixes that problem, but it doesn't seem to be working. As soon as April comes around, it will be back to normal anyway, so I guess I'll just have to set the time manually and wait it out.

Edited by audiodrome, 25 March 2009 - 02:40 PM.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

All of my emails in AOL show them sent an hour before they were too. But it also say standard time and since we are on daylight saving time, and daylight saving time started earlier than it did in years past, I just figure not all servers (or whatever) have updated their switch dates. AOL did this last year too, in fact, I am not sure it ever did change to daylight saving time. The time on my emails does not reflect the time my computer has, it reflects the time AOL has, the time on my computer is set correctly.

Btw, this site has not made the switch to it either, my posts are all showing up as being posted an hour before they were.

Edited by Stang777, 25 March 2009 - 04:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users