Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

freezing problems

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 criisti

criisti

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

Hy i have an INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2500 Mhz (7.5x333) ,4 Gb DDR2,Nvidia 9600 GS 768 Mb ,1 Tb. computer and i would like to know why does it freeze playing thoose "BIG" games like GTA 4,Wanted,Tom Clancy Vegas 2,Kane and Lynch,Turning point Fall of Liberty.All thoose games starts, and i can play them for about 30 minutes, all of them,but after 30 minutes my computer freezes.Why is this?It is not enough good?Maybe he overheats (overclocking if i am sure?? :thumbsup: ).What should i do with it?I mention that after the freeze and the fast restart of the computer i start the games again ang id freezes faster, in 2-3 minutes.What should i do?
i provide some more data about the pc here, if you miss anything from the description just ask and i tell you.
Motherboard name Packard Bell MCP73
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 630i

Please help me thank you.

EDIT: Combined topics

Edited by garmanma, 04 April 2009 - 03:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 criisti

criisti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

ANY HELP PLEASE.IT IS FRUSTRATING

#3 freelancer88

freelancer88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

First try disabling as many uneeded applications and processes as you can before starting the game.

If that doesn't work then it sounds like an overheating problem.

How many fans do you have on your case?

What kind of heat sink and fan do you have on your processor?

Is any hardware on your pc overclocked?

I know you're out there, I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world ... without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

#4 criisti

criisti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

on the cooler writes only CoolerMaster
what are thoose fans?
and where should i look for wich hardware is overclocked?
do u have maybe a yahoo id? it would work faster

#5 freelancer88

freelancer88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

i have a hotmail id

I know you're out there, I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world ... without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

#6 criisti

criisti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:44 AM

any more ideas please????

#7 criisti

criisti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:34 AM

It is maybe my power supply not good enough?

Hy i have an INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2500 Mhz (7.5x333) ,4 Gb DDR2,Nvidia 9600 GS 768 Mb ,1 Tb. computer and i would like to know why does it freeze playing thoose "BIG" games like GTA 4,Wanted,Tom Clancy Vegas 2,Kane and Lynch,Turning point Fall of Liberty.All thoose games starts, and i can play them for about 30 minutes, all of them,but after 30 minutes my computer freezes.Why is this?
a persone told me that it is maybe my power supply cant take it.

here is a picture what writes on it

http://i40.tinypic.com/2luatu9.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  myq.jpg   177.26KB   21 downloads

Edited by criisti, 26 March 2009 - 04:30 AM.

#8 criisti

criisti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

noone answears . pleaseeeee

#9 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

It appears that your PSU has 250 Watts rating on it. A 250 Watts power supply is not enough for your system. I suggest atleast a 450 Watts supply but wait for suggestions from BC advisors.

Edited by Romeo29, 26 March 2009 - 07:13 AM.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,235 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:09 AM

From what you've provided so far...my guesses would be power supply and overheating.

Louis

Edited to add your same post on this topic, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic214055.html

I see that your power supply wins out as the logical candidate.

Edited by hamluis, 26 March 2009 - 09:40 AM.

#11 criisti

criisti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

i bought a Speedlink 520W (50 euros) but the problem persists.I tried to play The godfather 2 and after 10 minutes my lcd turned off then in 5-10 seconds the computer totally freezed

please help me what can i do? what is the problem?

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,235 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

Well...you might as well run Memtest on your RAM, IMO.

If it were me...I would do a little temperature-checking when

a. Running games.

b. Doing routine things.

Cleaning the Interior of your PC - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/

I suggest trying this program, Core Temp - http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Louis

#13 criisti

criisti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

thank you

#14 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

The power supply tou have is about half of what you need for the video card .

Doing a google for the Nvidia 9600 GS 768Mb system requirements I see a MIMIMUM of a 500 Watt power supply is recommended.

You have a 250 Watt power supply.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#15 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

You have a lot of nice things in your computer,($$$$$$$$). You are clocked. IMHO I would spend a lot more money on cooling and more P/S than you need. When your use of a P/S is max or near it gets hot. I.E. when you are using 450 watts of a 500 watt P/S you are working it almost to its max. When using 450 watts on a 800 watt P/S its just gliding along. Your video card is quiet nice and should have extra cooling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users