Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Recovery help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jessica88

Jessica88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hi,
My computer had been crashing regularly for a while, and even got to the point where it would freeze before I even had a chance to type in my password. I decided to do a system recovery, where I put my computer back to its factory settings. Before I proceeded, I was prompted to back up my files, which I did and ensured I checked all the categories. Everything went fine. When the computer had finished recovering, I restored my back up files to find that my Microsoft Office 2007 documents were missing. However, the ones which I had saved as a rich text format were there, which seems bizarre. I have searched my computer thoroughly for the files but cannot seem to find them. I thought it may have something to do with the fact that I had not entered my product key into Microsoft Office, but I did that and then restored my files again and I still haven't got my files. Just to make clear, I definitely backed up all my files, and I cannot go back by doing a system restore. Please help! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

See if 'recuva' can help you get your files back:
http://www.recuva.com/

MS_MVP.gif