Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where is the phone line found

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kaykay

kaykay

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:52 AM

I know my computer has the capability of using the phone line for phone calls through the computer but where do I find it. I', using WindowxPs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:07 AM

Are you talking about the fax line? If i am thinking what you may be thinking your probly talking about BVRP phone tools! that would be list under start all programs.

#3 The Bear

The Bear

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:33 PM

If your speaking (pun) of making Phone calls you will need a good sound card and a mic and third party software

Do a google on computer phone call software

Oh and the sound card should have the ability to record as well
Computer help forums are full of those that go around the internet
clicking Willy Nilly and installing or downloading everything in site

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:47 PM

Bad part is I have never been able to find a software that is both free and is free to call from your pc ive tried a bit...........

#5 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:13 PM

XP can dial numbers from your address file for you.

But to actually talk on line you need that third party software as mentioned.

And generally the other person has to have the same software.

#6 1up2down

1up2down

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 21 August 2004 - 03:27 AM

I am just a novice when it comes to computers but I too thought about how I could use the computer to monitor phone calls etc. The software can be very expensive so I opted to spending a few quid more to have Broadband. If you really want to monitor calls and record them, (note recording phone calls can be illegal) then there are many sites with equipment to do this at a reasonable price. This is one.

https://sslrelay.com/active-spy-shop.com/se...ndex.shopscript

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:25 AM

Ok just a tip........If your going to pay a monthly fee and your friend has to have the software tooo then be that way lol but there is a way to get it free both sides if you both have internet............ Its called MSN messenger........I live in SC and have friends in Alaska I use the audio feature and talk to them for free! It unlimited and works great.......It works better if you both have dsl but dial up works good to just with dial up you get a 1-3 sec delay to each other but you will get the hang of it.....I use it and love it so I though I would share...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users