Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen of death problem when using antivirus programs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 juhess88

juhess88

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:51 AM

hi. My computer has recently started crashing and showing the blue screen of death when I use antivirus programs, reg mechanic, adawre...
The blue screen shows:
A problem has been detected & windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
Driver___IRQL___NOT___LESS___OR___EQUAL
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.
if this screen appears again, follow these steps:
check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. if this is a new installation,ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or uninstall any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Techincal information:

***STOP: 0X0000000A (oX00000166, 0X0000016, 0X000000000, 0X804E5433)

*** IdechnDr.sys - Address F75B8B74 base at F75b3000,DateStamp 3d99eac3

Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping physical memory to disk: then the countdown

Facts about my computer: About 5 months ago, my computer would always crash just like now under the same circumstances. For a period of two months I stopped using my computer. I've been using my computer for a few months now and only now has it started crashing and freezing... It started when I used reg mechanic and it found over 2000 problems. I just clicked repair all. Now my computer is crashing all the time. I am posting this message on my brothers computer since my computer crashed twice when I was using it to post this message.

I have many other problems with my computer which I think are probably all related to some extent but maybe there is a way to fix this problem first.

Thanx - Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 freelancer88

freelancer88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:14 AM

Well..... first thing you need to know about registry programs is that they are risky to use as you have experienced, i use glarysoft registry repair for my xp machine and it works perfectly. Registry Mechanic has been known to mess up vista based systems but really what doesnt mess up vista lol. Anyways you always have the option of reformatting your computer, that in my opinion is the easiest and that should solve the problem you were having 5 months aog. System Restore can also help just find a restore point before you were having all these problems. Lastly you can use the restore feature in registry mechanic to undo all the registry changes, i doubt this will work but it never hurts to try.

Let me know how it works out

I know you're out there, I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world ... without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

#3 juhess88

juhess88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:05 AM

thanx.

so how exactly do i reformat my computer?? I want to basically reboot my computer from the beginning as if i was buying a brand new computer.

#4 freelancer88

freelancer88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

Okay do you have all your cds that came with your computer?

I know you're out there, I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world ... without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

#5 freelancer88

freelancer88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

If you do locate your system recovery disc and put it into your computer, then restart the
computer and it should walk you through what to do

Edited by freelancer88, 25 March 2009 - 10:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users