Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I remove this?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

I've recently uninstalled my webcam but I've noticed that one of the exe files, PAStiSvc.exe was still there and running every startup. I need help with the safe removal of this exe.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:11 PM

Go to Run

Type "msconfig"

Go to the "Startup" tab

Find your file and uncheck it.
Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

#3 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

It isn't there.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

You could try using the startup section of programs like Spybot or Autoruns, seems like it should show up in one of those

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

You could try looking in services...as for removal, if you've already used the proper uninstall procedures and it's still on the system...just do a search and delete the corresponding file and registry entry.

Or you could use Autoruns, as previously suggested...looking at the Logon, Drivers, and Services tabs only.

Louis

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,816 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:34 AM

Go to Run

Type "msconfig"

Go to the "Startup" tab

Find your file and uncheck it.

Msconfig should not be used as startup-manager. Instead use as suggested or when you have windows defender, you can manage start up items from there

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#7 freelancer88

freelancer88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:55 AM

search for the exe file and manually delete it

I know you're out there, I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world ... without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

#8 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:33 PM

You could try looking in services...as for removal, if you've already used the proper uninstall procedures and it's still on the system...just do a search and delete the corresponding file and registry entry.

Or you could use Autoruns, as previously suggested...looking at the Logon, Drivers, and Services tabs only.

Louis

Okay, I've disabled the STI Simulator in Services and stopped the exe. I'll find the exe later.

Which registry entry do I remove? And should I still use Autoruns?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users