Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo! Messenger problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RapboY

RapboY

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

Hi, i'm having trouble with my Yahoo Messenger. I cant seem to sign in to any account. When I try to sign in, it just presents me with a pop-up saying "There was a problem signing into Yahoo! Messenger. Please try again a little bit later." Below this there are 3 buttons, "New User", "Sign-In problems?" and "Try Again".. I haven't been able to sign in for 2 days now.

I'm pretty sure I didn't change any settings in my computer. I do change some settings sometimes, but I know how to put them back, like internet proxies, because I also bring my laptop to school and there's a proxy setting needed there. I've already checked YM's settings, and IE's settings, and Google Chrome's settings, and they're all set at default. So I don't think that's a problem.

The version I was using was YM8, and i tried installing YM9, but it made no difference. I can sign into Yahoo!'s webmessenger though, so I also know it's not a problem with my accounts. I really don't know what else to do. Please help me. Thank you!

Oh and btw, my laptop is a HP Pavilion tx2000. It runs on Windows Vista 64-bit.

EDIT: i also tried turning my laptop off and back on, and then tried cleaning registry using registry clean expert.. still no change..

Edited by RapboY, 24 March 2009 - 03:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

Can any other programs connect to the Internet?
Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

#3 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

all my other programs work perfectly fine.. :thumbsup:

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:39 AM

EDIT: i also tried turning my laptop off and back on, and then tried cleaning registry using registry clean expert.. still no change..

That's pretty unsafe to do. Registry cleaners are not recommended among the staff of BC.

Also, did you check to make sure your firewall isn't blocking YIM?

Edited by scff249, 25 March 2009 - 01:39 AM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#5 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:01 AM

oh, so i shouldnt use registry cleaners?

and on the firewall thing, i think it isn't.. cuz the firewall i'm using is COMODO firewall.. and i tried disabling it then running YM, i also tried adding YM to the trusted apps.. but it still doesn't make a difference..

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

If anything, you can always try to uninstall and reinstall. Sometimes, that works the best. If you have users on your list, make sure you have some way of recovering your list (be it saving out the list or having the names down on a .txt for reference or etc.).

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what's causing it as I don't use YIM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#7 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

yeah that's what i was thinking about.. i just thought maybe someone has experienced something like this or knows something about this that can help me, thanks for trying anyway :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users