Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Rid Of Multiple Threat Detection?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Artic

Artic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

Everytime I run Windows Defender or Lavasoft Ad-Aware I keep geeting the same alert listed below. I have off system restore, rebooted & turned back on and the problem still exist. It still keeps coming on every scan. Can someone please instruct me as to how to get rid of this once and for all. I run Vista. Many thanks. Jenny

Multiple threat detection

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{106CF321-99A3-4E3A-9103-1BD027606A99}RP23\A0004211.exe Runtime packed fag

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{106CF321-99A3-4E3A-9103-1BD027606A99}RP23\A0004222.exe Runtime packed fag

----------------------------------

Since I have AVG Antivirus/Antispware Free, do I really need another spyware program? I also have Windows Defender.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 golfdude

golfdude

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

I have AVG Free, Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on my computer and don't have any problems. I'm not familiar with the Lava stuff (other than to clean my hands). You probably should wait for one of the smarter people to reply, but I have always been told that running 2 anti-spyware/virus programs isn't good. Try removing the Lava, download the Malwarebytes and see what happens. Maybe you have something......

Thanks,
Golfdude

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Intel i7-3820, 32 GB DDR3-1600, Intel 330 SSD Boot Drive, WD 3TB Data Drive, Radeon HD7770 GHz Edition, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

#3 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

Whilst searching for an answer I came across what appears to be your HJT thread on another site http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/...-need-help.html

maybe you need to follow their instructions?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

As you were told in the other forum
Delete your infected Restore Points

I believe the same instructions are used on that site. Which is while you have an active log posted you should not make any changes unless told to do so by the HJT member that is helping you
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

Please refrain from asking for help from others while you are being instructed by someone helping you with a hijackthis log elsewhere. Any modifications you make can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the Helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. If you had posted your log here, similar rules would apply. We would ask that you refrain from asking for help elsewhere.

If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the HJT Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please start a new topic. If you have any questions, please PM me or another moderator.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users