Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank Google, Broken Spysweeper, and FullDotFind?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ibanez2392

ibanez2392

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

I've come across a few problems lately with my computer, all popping up the past couple of days. I'm not really sure if they're connected or how to fix any of them.

1) If I search on google through IE, it goes to an oversized blank white page. Yahoo and Ask initially both do the same thing, but after a few seconds return search results. Whenever I google through AOL, however, it works flawlessly.

2) Whenever I restart my computer now, my security program, SpySweeper by Webroot, gives a message like "There's been a problem with Spysweeper's installation. Please reinstall the product." When it will come up (which is not always), if I click on "start sweep" it doesn't do anything. Furthermore, it's telling me that 4 of 4 of my Critical Shields are off. It doesn't run its scheduled sweeps either.

3) When trying to find an answer, I noticed in my IE history that it has two folders called "edotfind" and "fulldotfind" and the subentries below them were mostly called "ac". When I googled them (through AOL), there were very limited results about them.

Any help with any of these issues would be greatly appreciated, because I am truly lost. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
"Spybot - Search and Destroy" (already installed) will also not load when I click on it.
Malwarebytes has been download, but when I click on it to set it up, it doesn't load either.

EDIT #2:
I got Malwarebytes set up, but it won't load now, just like Spysweeper and Spybot.

Edited by ibanez2392, 24 March 2009 - 11:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ibanez2392

ibanez2392
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Problem solved with help from elsewhere. Thanks anyways, though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users