Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my internet explorer is disabled...?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fasterplayfaster

fasterplayfaster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

I recently ran into problems with the Spyware Protect 2009 virus, among other things like the windowsclick redirect. I thought I was out of the woods, but now my internet explorer won't connect. I click on it, i get the hourglass for a second or two, and then the computer behaves like I haven't done anything. Nothing in Taskmanager, nothing.

There's nothing wrong with my internet connection because things like MSN messenger and AIM work perfectly.
I tried copying the path and renaming it, like I did when the previous virus shut out Spybot and Malwarebytes. I'm not sure what I can do without an internet connection at home, because simple solutions like downloading firefox are out of the question.

Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

Do you have a flash drive? Obviously you have access to another computer so this would be an alternaive. You could download Firefox to a flash drive, hook the drive up to your pc, and install from there. OR you could download Firefox and burn the file to a cd and install from the cd.

You could also try uninstalling IE and reinstalling. After you get another browser installed, you can use that for IE download.

If you are using IE7:
Internet Explorer 7 Download

Another thought, if you had IE6 previously, and uninstall IE7, it should revert back to IE6.

Also, if you manage to install Firefox, you might want to post in the Am I Infected? forum and make sure your system is clean before reinstalling IE.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 March 2009 - 12:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users