Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to remove DLL files identified as threat

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 illusion_2005

illusion_2005

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:46 AM

I dwled n installed precx csi 3.0. it found 6 threats. to remove any of these i need their license/serial number which i dont have. i cant seem to find any other way to remove it .... any ideas ?

i am attaching a picture/print screen of the virus the software found.

Please help me out.
Posted Image

Edited by illusion_2005, 24 March 2009 - 08:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

I can't read you screenshot and clicking on the link did not open it in another Window to view it. As long as you are sure the files are malicious you can try this:

Please download FileASSASSIN FA_Portable.zip and save to your desktop.
  • Create a new folder on your C:\ drive called FileASSASSIN and extract (unzip) the file to that folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 9x/2000 users click here.)
  • Open the folder and double-click on FileASSASSIN.exe.
    Note: If you downloaded the installable version instead, just double-click on fa-setup.exe to install and then launch FileASSASSIN from the program folder.
  • Select the bad file to delete by dragging it onto the text area or select it using the (...) browse button.
  • Select a removal method. Start with the default "Attempt FileASSASSIN's method of file removal"
  • Click delete and the removal process will begin.
  • If that did not work, start the program again, select the file(s) the same way as before and this time check "Use delete on reboot function from windows."

Caution: Be careful what you delete. FileAssassin is a powerful program, designed to move highly persistent files. Using it incorrectly could lead to serious problems with your operating system.

-- If the file(s) returns, then you probably have other malware on your system which is protecting or regenerating it.

Edited by quietman7, 24 March 2009 - 11:48 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users