Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Harddisk Space

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AlanLim

AlanLim

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

Hi there.. recently i'm quite amazed by how my disk space is being used up.. thou its a 160bg internal hard drive but i dun rem actually using sooo much space for storing files and videos etc.. infact.. the pictures and videos and any other random files are all on my external hard drive.. in fact, even the games i play are installed on the external hard drive.. so i'm wondering where alll these used space have gone to.. i used to have 160gb.. 7 gb used for the ghost image.. and then the rest just goes down by itself without me doing any installations or whatsoever.. now i'm left with about 15gb space.. is there any tools or software that would help me here? like find out where all those space is going to? frankly speaking, i'm at a loss for words where my free space are going.. and i do disk defrag plus disk clean up and use CCcleaner every week but space is still being used up.. i do clean up my restore points to the most recent ones and that's about what i usually do to maintain my drive.. glad to have any advice here.. thx! =)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:55 AM

There are several free applications that will show you what is taking up hard drive space. Many Members, including myself, use SequoiaView:

http://w3.win.tue.nl/nl/onderzoek/onderzoe...n/sequoiaview//

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 AlanLim

AlanLim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

hmmm.. yes.. its quite a good software to see what's taking up harddisk space.. but how do i reali anaylze this data that i see? i'm quite confused by this box views.. and also.. i juz realised my disk defragmentor aint working now.. anything that i can do to fix tt?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users