Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no sound?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 justjeena

justjeena

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:10 AM

I changed my system from a pre installed vista to xp,and now i have no sound..... i've been to the device mgr, properties, and there is not a device listed. also none for midi...... how and where do i go to fix, install, download???/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:41 AM

Go to device manager and look for a listing for the Realtek or another sound. If there is a yellow mark next to it try to Enable the device. If that doesn't work then try updating the drivers using the ones on the MBoard CD.

If no listing is found in Device Manager then boot your computer into the BIOS screens and verify the integrated sound is Enabled there or not. Save and exit.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

vista to xp,

You will need to go to the support site for your computer and in the download section, see if there is a XP driver available for your sound
If there isn't one, you will need to go to the manufacturer of the sound chip and try to locate one

Edited by garmanma, 24 March 2009 - 10:57 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users