Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure about a Spybot S&D report

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

This is a Home desktop computer with one user running Windows XP Home SP3.

I was preparing to run a weekly system backup when I turned up a couple of questions. Below, I have pasted two findings by Spybot S&D. The first, from what I read, is probably set by Norton Internet Security 2009 to prevent duplicate warning messages. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

The second message is of more concern, as I have not been able to find out what it means. Can anyone enlighten me.
Thanks,
Rusty

--- Search result list ---

1.) Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled: [SBI $2E20C9A9] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc\Start

2.) Microsoft.Windows.System: [SBI $D76BD47D] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4121725528-3851104800-851952755-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoTrayItemsDisplay [is not]W=0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RknRusty

RknRusty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

No reply necessary. Found information and determined there is no problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users