Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:42 PM
Hello, my name is Ryan. My moms computer has recently been infected with some kind of virus. She said she first encountered it after trying to download a picture in yahoo images. Current problems i have found so far are:
1. Red Circle with "X" in the middle in the bottom right corner informing that the computer is infected.
2. The desktop background has been switched to black with a flashing warning of the computer being infected.
3. Control-Alt-Delete brings up a warning claiming task manager has been disabled.
4. Website text is red and every website has warnings of the computer being infected.
5. Upon restart of the computer, the "My documents" folder opens by itself.
This is the 2nd time Ive had to use a forum site to fix the "Red Circle" infection but i cant remember all the steps as to how to fix it. What is the first course of action i need to take? I've run the anti-spyware/adware/malware software we have on the computer but as i remember this problem is more deeply rooted than to be able to dissolve through normal sweeps.
Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks!!!!