Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Buzzintx

Buzzintx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

I just built a desktop this past weekend and I'm having trouble getting the sound to work off the front panel port. I use headphones not to disturb the wife in the next room......so I really need these to work. I can use the Realtek sound manager to test the headphones on the front panel and they work that way but when I play music off the hard drive, DVD drive or CD drive I get nothing. Is this a setting issue?

The mother board is a BIOSTAR A780X-A2 1.0 with a 3.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor in a XION Solaris 450W ATX case.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
"Texas can make it without the United States , but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

If sound is coming out of them through a test, then it's a setting that needs to be changed.

The default setting is on your back ports right now, you'll need to change in control panel under sound, the setting to the front one when you want to use it. Some programs will let you set the default to use for that specific program too, which can make less hassle.

You may want to know, if you have a program opened and then switch to different ports, you'll probably have to re-open the programs, or while web browsing, refresh the page.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users