Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

program for downloading many emailed pics at once?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 donatello

donatello

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

Hey all,
I have Yahoo mail and I was looking for a program that would allow me to download all pics (or the entire email with pics) from an email I received, to my computer. My brother sent me a 3 emails with a crap-load of photo's. One-by-one will take a looooong time. (yes, I do have broadband).
any ideas???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

are they attached like another type of document, or embedded in the email?

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 donatello

donatello
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

I believe they would be considered attachments. I can download one at a time but it would take a long time.

#4 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

If you use some such other email program, such as thunderbird, or the normal windows mail, you can download the message to your computer, and it should also have all the attachments. I haven't used one in a long while.

For that, you would need http://sourceforge.net/projects/yahoopops/ and, i would suggest, thunderbird. ( http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/ )

You should be able to download them all to your computer...

hey, it looks like this should do the job when coupled with yahoo pops. - http://sourceforge.net/projects/yahoo-ripper/

Posted Image
My art

#5 donatello

donatello
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:01 AM

Hey Vaerli,
I think it will be easier just to get Mozilla Thunderbird. Thanks for your help !!!

#6 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

to use thunderbird in conjunction with yahoo, you need ypops though(unless you pay for the pops service), and then that would work in conjunction...

Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users