Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TREND MICRO FREE SCANNER

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 roc1911

roc1911

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:39 PM

For the last couple of years I have used TrendMicro free online scanner.
The one I always used was 6.5 scanner, and they a had a beta 6.6, but
now the 6.6 seems to the only scanner....
My question is, it doesn't work. You get to where it is uploading/updating
files and it just stops. At first I thought it was me. But I google it and
saw that other people are having trouble. Has anybody heard or know
why it is not working?
Thank you
Posted Image
Posted Image
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
TO KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT AND NOT TO DO IT,
IS TO BE WITHOUT COURAGE........CONFUCIUS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,564 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

Way down at the bottom of the page I saw this:

Important Notes about HouseCall 6.6
HouseCall 6.6 has two independent Core Engines to choose from:
The ActiveX Core Engine: to use this engine, please adjust here the IE browser’s Security level to Medium at least and be sure that signed ActiveX objects are enabled.
The Java VM Core Engine- to use this engine, please install the Java VM from www.java.com.

I don't know if either of those are relevant to your issue or not. But something to rule out as a possibility.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 roc1911

roc1911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

I have tried both kernals, and what is funny, everyone I know uses the java base kernal, gets an error message comes and says for you to download the latest software from Java. I have it and so haven't my friends.
ActiveX kernal goes all the way to downloading the activex and then when it gets to point where trendmicro is checking all the files it keeps checking and nothing happens! WEIRD in my book!

But I thank you for your help!
Posted Image
Posted Image
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#4 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

I think something is targeting the activex controls in various security programs, and that is why they either don't work, or when they work, you cannot access the information about the infection.

Norton is having similar problems with something called a lue_37 callback? (not sure of spelling.) That is an active-x control. Once installed, Norton performs much better, but still has some problems. (Like continuing to report that cookie every time it scans, and no matter what I tell it to do with the cookie.) That is why I uninstalled Avira--it showed infections in the virus information, which I could not access, not having the name of the virus show up anywhere, and not being able to show it in the reports or the activity log. I think, the same problem maybe with MBAM and other security systems I have used. Maybe not the result of program incompatibilities after all, but targeted malware, to keep the infections from showing up in report or action pages?

Have been working with my isp on the security issues, which are ever-evolving--so no request for help, as yet.

Edited by fuzzywuzzy6, 23 March 2009 - 04:10 PM.

#5 roc1911

roc1911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:19 AM

fuzzywuzzy6.... have you to tried using the trendmicro scanner?

Edited by roc1911, 24 March 2009 - 09:19 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#6 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

I used the 6.5 a couple weeks ago (not the beta 6.6), and it seemed to work. It found several items that had hindered re-installation of Spybot S&D. I thought I had been successful--but my post was rerouted to the "Am I infected? forum." It was called Trend Microhousecalls to the rescue. I was able to run Spybot S&D successfully after running 6.5 online, not the beta, but I found that the next day, the bookmark had been rewritten in my FF, and a lot of people were being redirected to a bogus site.

The infected codes were chai.dll, fennel.dll, mate.dll, and one other, all listed as PUPSC type infections.

Was renamed as MY Web, My Way, I believe and placed in one of the help forums.

Edited by fuzzywuzzy6, 25 March 2009 - 02:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users