Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant install softwares in my XP?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 timesking

timesking

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

i have duel boot OSs.. which is in C: n D: drives.. both are XP SP3.. i don know wat d problem is but some softwares are not getting installed in my XP which resides in D:.. but those softwares are getting installed in XP in C: drive .. i have formated the D: drive many times n recently i had a problem, after i formatted using a boot CD, then after the entire copying process the system will restart then while boot it suddenly gets off.. after i trying several times it got install.. since then, m not able to install complex or some softwares .. PLEASE CAN ANYONE TEL ME WAT D PROBLEM IS..

i have AMD Athelon +4400 with 2GB ram capacity n HDD of 160GB.. M not an some novice or an expert but definitely i know many things about XP so please dont judge me as some an lurker to computers..

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: please someone tel me wat cud b the problem.. i think the drive D: which i have allocate 20GB for XP has corrupted please suggest me wat to do..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

Aha, fighting shoe operating systems always trouble will cause mmm yes :thumbsup:

OK i guess that you have a 160gb hdd partitioned off, and winxp on c: works fine but d: is an issue
do you have any of the error messages for the failed program install attempts.

How did you install xp on d:
How much freespace does d: have after the xp install.
Are you using xpsp3 cd's or earlier versions and installing the servicepack

"then after the entire copying process the system will restart then while boot it suddenly gets off.."
If you had troubles installing xp have you done a disk check.

#3 timesking

timesking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:20 AM

Aha, fighting shoe operating systems always trouble will cause mmm yes :thumbsup:

OK i guess that you have a 160gb hdd partitioned off, and winxp on c: works fine but d: is an issue
do you have any of the error messages for the failed program install attempts.

How did you install xp on d:
How much freespace does d: have after the xp install.
Are you using xpsp3 cd's or earlier versions and installing the servicepack

"then after the entire copying process the system will restart then while boot it suddenly gets off.."
If you had troubles installing xp have you done a disk check.

no i don get any error msgs.. wen i try installing complex softwares or simple softwares it just hangs.. but cursor never hangs. i ll not b able to access any other pgms also. coz of this problem i v had "c:\windows\system32\config missing or currupt many times since i have duel boot i m able to solve it..

i installed XP using a boot CD..
i have ard 13GB free space in D:
i have XP SP3 bootable CD..

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

Well...an operating system without programs installed is worthless, IMO.

I would just delete everything and start over with a proper install of XP.

But...before I did that, I would run a hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic on the hard drive.

<<i installed XP using a boot CD..>>

What boot CD would that be?

Did you use a Microsoft XP install CD?

Louis

#5 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

getting the "c:\windows\system32\config missing or currupt many times " isnt a good sign, as hamluis says i would definitely check the disk for errors, a memory check certainly wouldn't hurt either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users