Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Large list of problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Demac

Demac

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

I was viewing a World of Warcraft fan site when I clicked a link and got redirected to some car dealership site. I thought nothing of it just X'd it out and went on with my day. Not 5 minutes after that happened every site I went to started to get randomly redirected. I restarted my computer and when I turned it on I got this error box:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
svchost.exe - Application Error

The instruction at ''0x75606e6a'' referanced memory at ''0x00000008'', The memory could not be ''read''.

Click on OK to terminate the program
_________
[ OK ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that seemingly all hell broke out on my computer. Here is a list of everything currently wrong with my computer:

-Websites often redirect to random sites.

-Frequent pop-ups breaking through pop-up blocker on FireFox.

-Sound has been deleted (When I go to Start>Control Panel>Sounds>Sound Devices everything is grayed out with no option of turning it back on.) Says ''No Audio Device'' on the top of the panel.

-Svchost error (above) pops up when trying to view anything in Internet Explorer.

-Unable to run AVG (already on my computer) or download any new Virus protection. (Mid download of any virus scanner it freezes at about the half way point)

-Approximately half the time I start up windows I get the start bar on the bottom to look like my old windows 98 bar. Gray and unable to change it back unless I restart.

-I am unable to perform a System Restore. When I try I get no reaction from my computer.

-I tried to fix the Svchost error from the instructions of a website, I found that did nothing at all. (Not a forum but in instruction website, If you need to see what I did I can post a link of the site.)

=======================================

On a good note I did get HJT to download and DDS. So if I do need to post them I already have the logs ready (I changed nothing after I did the logs like I have read a few times on here.)

Any help would be more appreciated then you can possibly imagine. Thank you for your time in reading my problem.

Robert.

Edited by Demac, 23 March 2009 - 10:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demac

Demac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

Back on until about 4:30pm est. If you need any other info about this issue I will supply all I can.

Thanks again.

#3 Demac

Demac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:18 AM

Ok I will be back through out the day until 4:30est.

I don't know what happend, I changed nothing on my computer yet the redirects seem to have lightened up for the time being. Aside from that no changes in its odd behavior.

Robert

#4 Demac

Demac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

Still need some help with this situation. If you think I should reformat or anything like that I would like to know something. I understand everyone wants their computer fixed not just me. :thumbsup:

On a side note my redirects are back and possibly worse.
My sound is still not working but every once and a while I get this static sound through my speakers with no way of stopping it aside from pulling the cord.

Thank you for your time.
Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users