Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Need to convert .coi to something else

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

Wasn't sure where the right place to post this topic was.

I have been working closely with my isp lately on various update and security issues. We have been having severe connectivity problems. They have something called a .coi which should address that issue. I have tried to rename the .coi to .bat, or to .exe, but the MS hardware won't allow this, and the rename option for the icon doesn't work either.

Is there a reliable site or an easy method to covert the .coi to something usable in Windows XP SP3? I have IE7 currently installed. The sites I was referred to by google search did not have familiar names, so I was leary about using them. I would like to have this installed before I contact my isp again, so the updates will work properly on restart.

At this point, it does not seem to be an infection issue, as my ISP has scanned me on-line.

Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,118 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

I don't find any such extension listed, using Google.

I suggest you contact your ISP and get further instructions on how to use this mysterious file, explaining what you have encountered.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users