Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

registry cleaner

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

Has any1 heard of/used "registrycleaner2009" from uniblue? is it a legit and/or necessary program???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

NVMD i uninstalled it and deleted it.
I did installed the "one care" that was recommended and ran it. while looking things up 2 c if i really need them on startup, i found a program 4 registry checkup ,ran a quick trial,and i apparently have 149 registry bad paths and/or missing paths in my registry. So how do i fix my hkey registry problems????

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

:thumbsup:

Take some good Advice?

DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR REGISTRY unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing, those Programs certainly do not care and give you little options to correct it, unless you back up your Registry before you even run them.

Major Problems in the Registry can not be fixed easily and usually lead to reformat and reinstall Windows, Mate.

:flowers:

Edited by Abacus 7, 23 March 2009 - 09:36 AM.

#4 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:37 AM

But is my registry not my main operation of my puter?
If registry is missing things or there are errors in my registry it will cause puter 2 run improperly??

Another question. My partner was told that a puter SHOULD be reformatted at the very least once per year. Any truth 2 this ?????

#5 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

:trumpet:

First question?

But is my registry not my main operation of my puter?
If registry is missing things or there are errors in my registry it will cause puter 2 run improperly??

Your Registry is likened to a human Heart? It is a very vital Organ and needs to be treated with the utmost respect. If it is out of Order, just like a Human, the Body will die, unless treated properly. Best thing is to just leave it alone, unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing, same as Doctors do, unless they are fully Trained Surgeons?

Second question?

Another question. My partner was told that a puter SHOULD be reformatted at the very least once per year. Any truth 2 this ?????

This one has a different way about it?
Back in the WIN 98SE Days it was accepted to regularly reformat and reinstall Windows. I used to have my Set Up on a secondary Drive and all the Drivers needed there. Back then it was really necessary to do that.

These days it is not the same, I think it is about two years since I needed to reinstall?

We have many more Options available these days to recover from most things.

Mucked up Registry is not one of them!

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#6 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

Thanks You Much Abacus!
I just want 2 clean up my puter and have it run like new again. Ive heard so much about the registry and how vital it is but it appears that for sum1 as myself who doesnt understand the nitty gritty of a puter needs to leave it be.
I will stick to removing trojans and viruses and adware and spyware as recommended in here by the pros.
Does reformatting actually get rid of trojans and such ??
I understand that once they are on the hard drive they are there forever unless a specific program is designed and used to rid the puter of it.
yes /no????

#7 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

BTW, can you tell me what version of NVMD you uninstalled?

A friend just caught up to this that had similar Problems.

#8 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

It was REGISTRYBOOSTER 2009 free trial 5 star version from Uniblue.com

#9 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

Does reformatting actually get rid of trojans and such ??
I understand that once they are on the hard drive they are there forever unless a specific program is designed and used to rid the puter of it.
yes /no????

Not at all, in very rare occasions, some thing can interfer with the CMOS, so a simple drain of that before you start covers that as well.
Simply save all Data you need, then reformat and reinstall and you have a Sparkling New Machine.
BTW, if you Drain the CMOS you will need to set it to the Current Date through the BIOS.

#10 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:39 AM

WOW! You lost me on that one LOL.... CMOS?
save it ? save it 2 a cd? as a back up ???
personally i can and dont mind re-downloading programs and stuff that i really want. like the malwarebytes ,avast,spybot s&d .
reset the date thru the BIOS? date on my clock?
dupid moment sorry?lol

#11 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

You did try a System Restore before this Problem, I think?

#12 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

WOW! You lost me on that one LOL.... CMOS?
save it ? save it 2 a cd? as a back up ???
personally i can and dont mind re-downloading programs and stuff that i really want. like the malwarebytes ,avast,spybot s&d .
reset the date thru the BIOS? date on my clock?
dupid moment sorry?lol

What I said was in relation to if you had to reformat and Reinstall Windows like you were talking about.

I was indicating what would be necessary to do that Project if it was needed.

It entails nothing of any major importance, just a little Common Sense. Certainly we can guide you through it.

Edited by Abacus 7, 23 March 2009 - 11:11 AM.

#13 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

should i try for a system restore back to the earliest date possible? then redownload malwarebytes and avast and spybot s&d? then run those 2 c if everything comes up clean?

#14 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

I would if it were me,but only go back prior to you uninstalling,registry Booster 2009.
I found each time I tried to uninstall,it affected my OS.
Did system restore and got the program back,and problems vanished.
I found it affected the Registry when I tried to uninstall. :thumbsup:

#15 spiritwolf1226

spiritwolf1226
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

Malwarebytes shows alot of registrykey errors , it quarantines everything it finds,registry and otherwise. I had found this registrybooster just this morning,free trial, ran it and it tells me i have 249 registry problems. I did a search in add and remove programs and a regular search for the "onecare" program and it didnt find anything.
I do have a trojan bazl on my puter according to malwarebytes. If I do a system restore back to the earliest date possible will it rid my puter of the trojan bazl and other viruses and malware,spyware that Malwarebytes has found?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users