Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USER32.dll was not found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigjeepzz

bigjeepzz

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

Hi, I have been working with another person on the malware side of the house. Recently my wife was veiwing a video online when her computer crashed. When she restarted the computer she got a blue screen saying the computer was beginning a physical memory dump and had the error message Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_EQUAL.

I was able to restore the computer to an earlier restore point but the computer was completely unusable because of the pop ups. I posted a DDS log on the malware forum and started working on that problem. After getting my marching orders I started the computer to attempt the instructions given to me but never was able to try the tips provided. On start up i get the following message:

STOP: c0000135 {Unable to Locate Component}
This application has failed to start because USER32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem

I have tried safemode, safemode with command prompt, and starting normal. I also tried copying the USER32.dll from an existing computer and tried booting with a flashdrive (don't laugh).

I did talk to my wife and she is sending me the XP disk that came with her computer. The disk should be here on Friday. Is there anything I can do in the mean time to get the computer to boot up properly. I still have the virus problem to look into as well over at the malware side.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Jake

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:10 AM

Have you tried copying user32.dll back to the c:\Windows\System32 directory from the XP disk, another computer, or parallel install of XP?

If you can get to Safe Mode or Even Safe Mode Command Prompt you may also be able to run "sfc /scannow" at the prompt and get Windows to check all of it's system drivers and replace any that are found corrupted.

#3 bigjeepzz

bigjeepzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Have you tried copying user32.dll back to the c:\Windows\System32 directory from the XP disk, another computer, or parallel install of XP?

If you can get to Safe Mode or Even Safe Mode Command Prompt you may also be able to run "sfc /scannow" at the prompt and get Windows to check all of it's system drivers and replace any that are found corrupted.

I do have another computer that has XP on it but how would I go about copying the needed file and placing it in the directory of the inoperational computer? The computer will not boot up in safe mode, normal, and safe mode with command prompt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users