Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 1720 MotherBoard

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Maddmike125

Maddmike125

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hey guys,

I Have a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop and Ive been having issues with it trying to get it to boot. I figured it was the Mobo. But beings the mobo is like 200 bucks, I took it to a computer shop to get a second opinion on it. They also said that is is the mobo. So I bought a new mobo online and it is supposed to be fully tested. I hooked it up and I still get nothing. All the lights come on like they are supposed to, but the screen looks like it is not getting any power. It is just staying black. I double checked everything, and it is all plugged in. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you,
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,553 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

Who installed this laptop motherboard?

Who determined that the motherboard was in need of replacement and would cure whatever was wrong?

Louis

#3 Maddmike125

Maddmike125
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

I installed the new motherboard. I took the laptop for a diagnostic to a computer place called Intrex Computers. They told me it was the motherboard. Which I thought it was to begin with. But now that I have the new mobo... it seems worse than it was with the old one. The old one would at least light up the screen and freeze during the boot process.

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

Not trying to be funny, you did transfer the CPU to the new motherboard ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,553 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

Well...I just start over in situations like that. I disassemble the system...and then carefully put it back together.

I'm no longer surprised by the mistakes I might make as I try to make proper connections while watching TV or whatever.

Louis

#6 Maddmike125

Maddmike125
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

yes, I did transfer the CPU. and I will disassemble it again tonight and put the whole thing back together. Ill let you know what I come across.

#7 Maddmike125

Maddmike125
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:26 AM

yes, I did transfer the CPU. and I will disassemble it again tonight and put the whole thing back together. Ill let you know what I come across.

#8 Maddmike125

Maddmike125
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

alright guys, heres the deal. I completely took it apart again and put the old mobo back it. Tested it. Put the New one back it. and it is still no good. The lights come on like it wants to work. But nothing to the screen. I even hooked it up to an outside monitor and Still nothing. Any advise?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users