Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about auto complete in IE7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LindaIHN

LindaIHN

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

I inadvertently saved a wrong password into IE and instead of prompting me when I put the correct password in, it's not. So every day, I start to type in my user name and it auto completes and puts in the incorrect password, and I type in the correct one. I don't know if it's Vista or IE 7 but in IE 6, if I made a mistake, it would ask me next time around because it was a different password. I know I can "clear" the settings in tools but I don't really want to do that since I've already saved some other passwords. I've only had this Vista system for three days. So is this a glitch in IE 7, maybe?
Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid.
Proverbs 12:1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Hi,

I've done that myself before too, and this is what I did to fix it...there may be a more technical way, but this fixed it for me.

in the box where you type your user name - click inside the box and a 'subbox' for want of a better description shows up with your user name in it - mouse over that user name till it is highlighted then press your delete button on your keyboard while the name is highlighted

a box will pop up that says

"Windows has a password that's stored for this username. Do you want to delete the username and password"

say yes.
Then type in the correct user name and password and your correct one will then be saved.

Hope this helps
CB

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users