Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to check what version I.E im using ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 losty

losty

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

I wonder how to check what version I.E im using now ?

And which the correct link download the latest I.E ?

lost

Edited by losty, 22 March 2009 - 05:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

In IE, click the Help menu and click About Internet Explorer. This will show you the version and other info about your version. The latest version is IE7 (with IE8 just around the corner), available from Microsoft at this page: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-...er/default.aspx

Note: the page above has a big banner for downloading IE8 Beta 2. This is a test version and ought not be used unless you want to be a test monkey. Scroll down to where it says Select your Operating System to get IE7.

#3 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

Amazing Andrew,

IE8 has been released to the public and is no longer in Beta. The link you provided takes you to the correct page to download the released version of IE8. (I think Microsoft actually changed the page this past Thursday to reflect the fact that IE8 is no longer in Beta.)

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

I stand corrected. Not being an IE user, I don't really follow it's release cycle! :thumbsup:

#5 losty

losty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

thank you so much guys appreciated :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users