Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-Virus Number 1 help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deana1113

Deana1113

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

Hi,
I got the anti-virus number 1 running on my Windows XP home yesterday. I have Google searched and looked at about every recommendation to remove it and yet nothing. I have run Spyware Doctor, Malwarebytes and Live One Care and they picked up some of the files I have seen listed but I still get the security warning and control center popups. I have looked in registry and file trees for all files listed in removal guides, but not a single one is listed on my computer. This isn't causing any other issues but would love to get rid of it before it does.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Will check back for any response.

Thank you,
Deana1113

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Deana1113

Deana1113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

FIXED IT !!!

Didn't know what to look for until I got a small pop-up box in the center of the screen that N1 PFP failed with an OK box. Searched for N1 within the last week and found the file and other contents for this rogue anti-spyware. You have to ctrl,Alt, delete and kill the N1.exe process then delete the main N1 file from your search results. Be sure to delete from recycle bin as well. Search again to make sure you got it all.

No more activity detected.

Hope this helps someone else.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for informing us what you have done.

Good luck.

This Topic is closed.

Should you need it reopened, please contact a Forum Moderator. Include the address of this thread in your request.

If you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

This applies only to the original poster. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

R,
K
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users