Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dole787

dole787

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

I've searched and searched and haven't found a solution that works yet so I figured I'd post.

Background:
-As the title suggests, I have limited connectivity when connecting to the internet. This computer recently had a few viruses (5) that have each been removed, however since the removal is when this has started. I have vista.

What I've done so far:
-I've tried each of the generic 'diagnose and repair' options; each with no success.
-I next tried to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew; however, when renewing the following error appeared:
"An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection : Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has been timed out."
-I next checked to see if I could ping 127.0.0.1 and it was successful.
-I turned off firewall to see if this would have an effect; it did not.
-At this point I reset winsock (netsh winsock reset catalog), IPv4 TCP/IP (netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log), and IPv6 TCP/IP (netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log); did not effect limited connectivity.
-Tried a system restore; no change in limited connectivity.
-Tried setting static ip; no effect.

I'm out of ideas - anyone have any?

Thanks.

Edited by dole787, 22 March 2009 - 02:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

Hi Dole787,

Welcome to BC. Appreciated on clear explaination.

First I doubt whether you were able to remove all the virus completely or not. I would advise to post a topic in here

On a second thought did you tried resetting router once, as once I was effected with malware after long research with my other friends in here, this step helped :thumbsup:

Cheers

Edited by sreez, 24 March 2009 - 07:14 PM.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users