Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Question and Advice For No Replies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Luvkitty

Luvkitty

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:03 AM

Hello Again,

I have a question about Firefox and Windows Vista. I have Windows Vista, and until recently I used IE for web browsing. One of the features I like about IE is that if I typed something in the Google search and then held down the Ctrl button and Enter at the same time, it would open in a new window. When I do that same technique with Firefox, the new window just opens over the old window. Is there a way to do what I was doing in IE but with Firefox?

The second part of my question has to do with the Bleeping Computer website (which I LOVE!!!). I have a few questions posted in the forums that have not received any replies yet. If nobody replies after several days should I just assume that nobody knows the answer, or should I repost my questions? I don't want to be a pest or anything so I thought I would ask here what I should do?

Thanks as always!
Michele :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

Hello, Michele.
Concerning posts with no replies:

If you don't receive any replies, after a couple of days, try "bumping" your topic.
We have so much traffic here, that your posts may have moved so far down the list, that it gets overlooked.
Making a reply to your topic, by adding additional information, or simply the word bump, will bump your topic back up to the top of the list, where someone who's missed it before, may catch it the second time around.
If after a couple of bumps, you still receive no replies, it's probably because no one knows the answer.

Re-posting your question would be considered double posting, which isn't allowed.
Your re-post would just get deleted, and you would receive a PM from the Mod that did it, stating that it was deleted, because double posting isn't allowed. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

tg1911--

Thank you for explaining how to handle the issue of no responses. What you explained makes perfect sense. I appreciate it!

As for my first question on this thread, I'll wait a few more days then to see if anyone can help.

Thank you,
Michele :thumbsup:

Edited by Luvkitty, 23 March 2009 - 07:06 AM.

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

To answer the first part of your question. In Firefox open Tools>Options>Tabs and put a check in the "New pages should be opened in a new tab box" and ok it.

Don't take this the wrong way but sometimes the reason that some questions are never replied to is that the answer to them is easily available via the "Search" function in each forum. There are at least a couple of excellent posts/tutorials on this site about setting up Firefox and IE for maximum user ease of use and also security issues.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users