Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sheesh!

Sheesh!

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

Someone please help me. I can't install the new Adobe Flash Player. I have Windows XP and I have been to both the Windows and Adobe sites and I tried the SubInAcl fix and the other things they suggested and nothing has helped. I even downloaded the new Window IE8. I am very frustrated and would appreciate immediate assistance. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

Subinacl is a red herring. You need to use the Flash Uninstall tool at this link and then install the new version.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

#3 Sheesh!

Sheesh!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

Hi,

I tried that and it still won't download. It stops at Registering: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx; and it says see tn_19166 which I've already been to. ???

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

What won't download, the tool or Flash?

#5 Sheesh!

Sheesh!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

I guess I mean it won't install Flash. I click on the Installation icon and it starts but then in stops installing at the point I referenced in the last message. I can't even install version 9 so I'm completely without a player. I get the same message when I try to install 9 or 10.

Edited by Sheesh!, 22 March 2009 - 06:48 PM.

#6 Sheesh!

Sheesh!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

SUCCESS AT LAST! I read every site on the web and all things led back to SubInAcl. I re-did that (the first time I tried it was 1 am yesterday and I could hardly see straight). I don't think I did it correctly that time, but it worked the second time. Thanx for taking the time to look into this for me.

#7 fatum

fatum

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:55 AM

You can just try updating your flash10b.ocx
It worked for me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users