Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba A215-S7428 XP Drivers?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wu125

wu125

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

So i had to replace someone else's laptop hard drive, and installed XP Home because the person had XP reinstall discs.

Anyway, I'm lost about installing the drivers for it. I found a pack of drivers that were supposed to be for it, but i don't know how to install it. It can't access the internet either, so i'm reduced to downloading the drives on THIS computer and transferring them via thumb drive.

I downloaded the pack here, and have NO clue on how to install it.

I found another set of drivers, but i'm skeptical about it. I found that pack here.

What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

If it were me, I would download them from Toshiba's site:
Just select the proper OS
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...852726%7CPSAFGU

Edited by garmanma, 21 March 2009 - 09:05 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,817 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:29 AM

If you copy them on the laptops desktop, you can just restart and it should say new hardware found. In the wizard when it asks if it can connect to the internet say no and let the wizard search automatically for the drivers, it should find the folder you put on the desktop (be sure, if its a zip to unzip it) and install it.
Another thing what you can do, after putting the folder on the laptop, is going to the device manager and look at all ?'s and !'s, right click on the devices that have that sign and choose update, if it does not find the update, you can manually set the update location to the folder where you have the drivers.
I recommend not using drivers from other sites than toshiba, unless you really cannot find the right ones.

However, if the drivers are not good, the wizard will not install them, so you dont have to doubt as of installing the right ones. The link Garmanma provided, contains all possible drivers for your laptop (A215-S7428).

Edited by elise025, 22 March 2009 - 04:38 AM.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#4 KurtS92

KurtS92

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

Hi,

There is a program i use to update my drivers, Driver Genius.

First of all at least get the drivers for your network card and then go to google and search "driver genius trial"

Download then install,

After you have installed the program, it will ask if you want to update the driver database, Do so,

then on the left side bar on the program There is "Update Drivers"

next it will give you a choice of which operating system you want,

After you have chosen your desired operating system it will scan your system for the hardware etc.

a screen will appear saying critical driver updates and it will give you a choice on which drivers you want to download

Download the drivers

Install and Done! Good Luck.

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,817 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

Driver Genius needs an internet connection, which the laptop currently does not have, as stated in the first post.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#6 wu125

wu125
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Went to Toshiba site, managed to find the driver needed to get this thing online and activate Windows. Problem solved! Thank you for the help!

#7 ober

ober

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:41 AM

Hello,
Toshiba A215 Drivers and software all models download link.
Easy come

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

Answer appreciated...but that thread is over a year old and probably resolved before today :thumbsup:.

All of us at one time have responded to something such as you have, forgetting to check the dates of the thread.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users