Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nearly Done...Just Need Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Falvanar

Falvanar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Ok so Im 16 and not exactly rollin' in the dough...but I decided to upgrade to a new comp cuz my current one is from 1999 IN fact here are the stats so you know how miserable it is

1.5gb DDR2 RAM ( not so bad I recieved it with 350 of so MB or RAM)
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.0 gHZ Single Core Proccesor
40 GB HDD
ATI Raedon 9600 graphics card (i put it in)
and Windows XP Professional
but either way on to the new stuff Here they are
--Asus ATX M3N78 Pro motherboard (here is the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...2E16813131320R) Iknow it was open box but it was 1/2 price =)
-240 Pin RAM
-ATI Raedon 8300 onboard graphics
--2gb OCZ DDR2 Gaming RAM
--AMD Athlon X2 5200 2.7Ghz Dual Core Processor
--Ultra ATX 600W Power Supply
--Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT SLI graphics card
The mobo has no video output =(....so I decided to use my graphics card but, I found that I need a monitor that supports it and I was royally pissed cuz I had already ordered most of that stuff and it didnt work and today I found out that I can buy a converter so my graphics card will work with my old monitor where ON NEWEGG.COM can I buy one of these if you could please slip the link on up there. Ibelieve its called a DVI to VGA converter I just dont know what one to get and if whoever see's this decides to help me could it be kept cost effective? And Im also getting a new hard drive and CD drive cuz my old ones dont work because they are IDE and I need SATA ones...hers the link to them
CD DRIVE- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827135181
Hard Drive- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822136098
I am pretty sure they dont come with the SATA cords I need and I dont quite know what ones I need to get so IF someone could list them it would be a great help.
So to whoever helpes me thanks ALOT for this Ive just started trying to build computers and ya know Ineed some help every now and then...so thanks

Edited by Falvanar, 21 March 2009 - 07:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

Ehh, not too bad I suppose. Here's the link to the converter, shipping will cost far more than the adapter though. Often the motherboard comes with the SATA cables if it is retail and not OEM or open box. Specifically, which motherboard are you getting.

3939.png

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

If you're getting an open box motherboard, you will obviously need SATA cables. Given the low cost of the cables, you should look for free shipping specials, unless you want to pay more for shipping than the product. That said, the Nippon Labs 18" (1.5 ft.) SATA II Cable with locking latch Model would work. Note that with this cable, the locking latch is at one end and Newegg's free shipping is slow. But then again, the shipping is free so slow shipping is to be expected.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users