Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! No Preview Available

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 aanthonyz

aanthonyz

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

By accident I deleted a account with pictures in it
Then Viruses infected the computer and i had to use the Windows CD to repair it but i didnt know it deleted restore points

Now i need my pictures back i got them but now i cant view them it says No Preview Available

I have tried:
1. Permissions
2. Regsvr32, all of them
3.Renaming, Moving, etc.
4. JPG Repair program-still trying it

Please can anyone help me i need these pictures quickly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

When you deleted the account with the pictures...

1. Did you choose to "delete files" when you deleted the account?

2. Were the pictures saved onto a shared folder?
Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

#3 aanthonyz

aanthonyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

When i deleted the accounts I put delete everything and they werent in a shared folder

#4 aanthonyz

aanthonyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

But i already recovered them all i just need to view them

#5 aanthonyz

aanthonyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Can anyone answer because i need to know this before the end of the weekend

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

What may work is trying to use various windows programs, paint, scanner and camera wizard, try inserting into a document or an email, fax viewer works sometimes. I have received pics in emails that were a real pain to get into a format that could be viewed. Also do you have photo shop it may work? There are also some picture converting tools online that you can Google that may work, it will take some detective work!! Make copies of a few to experiment with!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#7 aanthonyz

aanthonyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

As i said before i tried all this and nothing...

Is there a program that is 100% sure will do it?

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

As i said before i tried all this and nothing...

Is there a program that is 100% sure will do it?

I did a Google search after my post, there are a few that say they can do the job. IMO I would email them and send one of your pics as a sample before I dropped any coin!!!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

Hello aanthonyz,

I don't know about 100% sure, but I found a few programs in our Freeware Applications thread found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html I'm quoting the three that seem most relevant to your situation. They were listed in post #3 of the thread.

[*]FastStone Image Viewer - An image browser, converter and editor that supports all major graphic formats including BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF, ICO and TGA. - nosnhoj#3

[*]FastStone Photo Resizer - An image converter / resizer intended to enable users especially digital camera owners to convert, rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, add text and watermark to images in a quick and easy BATCH mode. - quietman7

[*]IrfanView - "IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003." - ColdinCbus

I hope one of these will solve your problem.

Hmm. That message "no preview available". Do you see that when you open the folder or when you try to open the image? If the former, do you have the folder set to thumbnails? If not, switch to thumbnail view to see if that resolves the issue.

Also, have you tried viewing the images on a different computer?

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#10 aanthonyz

aanthonyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

I have run it on another computer and still nothing this happens when I open the folder or view the files but its only happening to the files I recovered all my other pictures are working..I think that when they got recovered they were corrupt I need a program to fix corrupt JPG files I have looked everywhere

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

I don't know how you recovered the pics...but a standard blurb on every recovery program that I've seen is...a statement to the effect that seemingly recovered files may, in fact, be unreadable/unuseable.

When that happens to me, I just delete the files and move on...there's nothing that can overcome that, AFAIK.

Of course, you can try to recover them again, using a different recovery program. Some are better than others.

Louis

#12 aanthonyz

aanthonyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

I used NTFS Undelete but now will I still be able to recover it even after I formated the entire hard drive?

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

As I've implied or stated before...there is nothing guaranteed about any recovery effort, using any program. If you read the description of any program, you will see that...nothing is guaranteed.

Even backups are not guaranteed to work when pulled out, if users have had the foresight to prepare such before problems. That is why users are urged to test them after they have seemingly been completed and before they are archived somewhere.

Some programs will state they will recover data after formatting...as long as the file data is not overwritten by file data. You need to examine the stated parameters/limitations of the software you choose to use to attempt your recovery efforts.

Louis

#14 aanthonyz

aanthonyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

Oh ok I guess those pictures are lost forever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users