Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access a specific wwwsite.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eevay arollay

eevay arollay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:32 PM

The site is ezboard.com, and I USED to get my computer help there, but i cannot access it, so here I am.

Basically, i cant access the site from the two computers i have at home, which both access the www thru a router, which i think has a firewall.

However, i CAN access the site through a computer i have access to at work, in the greenroom, which isnt firewalled.

I think it could either be Spyware, Viruses (naturally) or the firewall.

Home computer#1: Dell Laptop running WinXP, McAfee security- which hasnt caught anything, AdAware - which hasnt caught anything.

Home Computer#2: Dell PC running WinME, Norton Security, which also hasnt found anything malicious.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:14 PM

its just this particular site?

odd, well try disabling firewall then visiting said site.

#3 smbe2100

smbe2100

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:52 PM

Hi there...

What was the error message?

Try to disable the Norton or McAfee security software, then:
Can you resolve the ezboard.com into IP address? Try using ping command, from Start -> Run -> type "cmd" press enter -> from command prompt, type "ping www.ezboard.com", see if your PC can translate it into IP address like 209.66.118.17.
Note: ignore the quotation (") marks when typing the commands.

If the PC can't translate www.ezboard.com into IP address, try checking the contents of your hosts file, located at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
Make sure there is no mapping for www.ezboard.com, if any, try to "remark" it, by putting "#" before it.

Alternatively, try typing "209.66.118.17" directly into your web browser's. See how it goes.

Cheers :thumbsup:

#4 ilovebaking

ilovebaking

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

While you are on the internet, click on tools, internet properties, privacy, sites and see if the ip address or site name is blocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users